2nd medical

Convicted Driver Insurance

Kallyj

Hi
Partner having to go for Second medical , it's a urine test this time. So obviously looking for drugs . He was taking in prescribed valuium ( please no judgement , all in same mess here) untill 23rd , did home urine test which showed negative but the line was not as bright as the others.
I think in a week it will be out system totally.
Does any one know if the urine test done by DVLA medical detects alcohol ?

He is a HRO but alcohol intake minimum and below recommend amount .

He was also accused that the only way I can describe tone of email of lying on medical , Gp notes state he had a fit during a hospital admission 2 years ago.
He has never been informed of this by hospital or gp.

How did others get there Gp to help them or get them on side so to speak ???

Hi
Partner having to go for Second medical , it's a urine test this time. So obviously looking for drugs . He was taking in prescribed valuium ( please no judgement , all in same mess here) untill 23rd , did home urine test which showed negative but the line was not as bright as the others.
I think in a week it will be out system totally.
Does any one know if the urine test done by DVLA medical detects alcohol ?

He is a HRO but alcohol intake minimum and below recommend amount .

He was also accused that the only way I can describe tone of email of lying on medical , Gp notes state he had a fit during a hospital admission 2 years ago.
He has never been informed of this by hospital or gp.

How did others get there Gp to help them or get them on side so to speak ???
Hi Kally

To get the GP on board normally means making an appointment and being totally honest and up front with them. GP's are highly intelligent and extremely well trained people, they usually know when people are telling them what they want to hear rather than the truth and generally if someone can't be honest with them they will not go the extra step to help. Talking through the issues, looking for resolutions and acting on their advice is key. Generally they are very busy people, but most GP's have a real desire to help. Regular contact is another thing, seeing them every 3 years is probably not enough - they do not see the full picture. I'd advise at least every 4 months or so touching base (and if necessary asking for an LFT)

My GP was worth her weight in gold. After my medical, DVLA wrote to her but the questionnaire was filled in by a random doctor at the practice that I had never seen. They said I was alcohol dependent and therefore my licence was refused. I spoke to my GP and she pulled the stops out, she went mad at her colleague for not reading the notes properly and then wrote to DVLA explaining that I was guilty of alcohol misuse in the past, but I had never been dependent. This was all last Feb/Mar, just at the start of CoVid. They eventually reconsidered after receiving her letter (3 month delay because of lockdown) and issued a 1 yr medical licence to me in July. I'm still keeping in touch and updating her so when my next medical is due the notes will be as up to date as possible.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off