CDT TEST QUESTION

Convicted Driver Insurance

Bobby Latchford

I lost my license ,i was 3 times the limit. I will make no excuses for my actions. As it was completely out of order, regardless of my personal problems at that time. I had a 3 year ban. 2.5 years with a course i could not attend at all due to my work at sea. So 3 years it was. Now my ban going 7 months over 3 years due to Covid.
I have been waiting for DVLA to get back to me now. They got back to myself 3 weeks ago. I was told to attened a medical. My partner arranged all this as being at Sea i could not contact them. I have the test tomorrow. I have just found out about the CDT testing..
The last 6 days i have been on a stag doo. I have had about 8 pints of san miguel thru the day each day. Now reading about this CDT test, my world has just collapsed. Prior to the stag doo ,i had not drank for 4 weeks.
Will i fail ? after reading these horror stories , am i wasting my time going ?

What you need to do now my friend is to cancel your medical appointment (due to unforeseen circumstances ) and rebook another date, this can be done and DVLA will accept but not a second time, this cancellation will buy you time in order for you to achieve a low CDT reading providing you stay off the drink, otherwise there's a real chance with all that drinking you will get a refusal once you've attended your medical.....

What you need to do now my friend is to cancel your medical appointment (due to unforeseen circumstances ) and rebook another date, this can be done and DVLA will accept but not a second time, this cancellation will buy you time in order for you to achieve a low CDT reading providing you stay off the drink, otherwise there's a real chance with all that drinking you will get a refusal once you've attended your medical.....
Cheer mate..I only just read the letter properly today.
My other set it all up.. she gave me half the story. She meant well though.
Heavy salad this CDT..

I'd maybe arrange a medical for say three months from now when you are home from over seas.

You really need to set your stall out here and ask yourself the ultimate question - 'Which is more important - your licence or having a few beers?'. It will be hard, I fully appreciate that, but you need 100% abstinence until you do the medical.

The DVLA should be fine with rescheduling the medical - you work abroad for long periods of time and it is understandable you will only have limited windows to attend the medicals. Good luck.

CJ

I'd maybe arrange a medical for say three months from now when you are home from over seas.

You really need to set your stall out here and ask yourself the ultimate question - 'Which is more important - your licence or having a few beers?'. It will be hard, I fully appreciate that, but you need 100% abstinence until you do the medical.

The DVLA should be fine with rescheduling the medical - you work abroad for long periods of time and it is understandable you will only have limited windows to attend the medicals. Good luck.

CJ
I dont drink when away ..was just that 6 days.
I was thinking 4 weeks to book it.
Reading about the CDT half life cycle.
My thoughts was 6 days Drink will be ok in 4 weeks..??? Unless am wrong?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off