CDT levels

Convicted Driver Insurance

Neil02

How long does it take for your cdt level to go below 1 when you stop drinking if you were drinking about 28 units a week 14 on Friday and 14 on Monday but nothing for the rest of the week?

How long does it take for your cdt level to go below 1 when you stop drinking if you were drinking about 28 units a week 14 on Friday and 14 on Monday but nothing for the rest of the week?

Neil

All I will say is 'how long is a piece of string?'

The longer you can abstain, the better guarantee of a low CDT reading. Everyone's circumstance is different. 28 units a week is not a fantastic amount in comparison to what some people consume during the week. The fact you have been having 4/5 alcohol free days each week is great and allows the body some respite from alcohol.

Doctors usually put a benchmark of 14 days for the human body to cleanse itself after the last alcoholic drink. As a rough guide, six weeks of sobriety is a safe period of preparation before a CDT. However, like I said, nothing is set in stone and everyone's health and drinking history is unique.

CJ

Neil

All I will say is 'how long is a piece of string?'

The longer you can abstain, the better guarantee of a low CDT reading. Everyone's circumstance is different. 28 units a week is not a fantastic amount in comparison to what some people consume during the week. The fact you have been having 4/5 alcohol free days each week is great and allows the body some respite from alcohol.

Doctors usually put a benchmark of 14 days for the human body to cleanse itself after the last alcoholic drink. As a rough guide, six weeks of sobriety is a safe period of preparation before a CDT. However, like I said, nothing is set in stone and everyone's health and drinking history is unique.

CJ
Thanks I haven’t a drink for 4 weeks my ban is up in November I will not drink until after my medical but the DVLA are saying they are not doing medicals at the moment

Thanks I haven’t a drink for 4 weeks my ban is up in November I will not drink until after my medical but the DVLA are saying they are not doing medicals at the moment

Neil

Don't be fobbed off by the DVLA - the medical situation has been on going since the lockdown started. My own ban comes to an end in December and I've posted my forms off waiting for a HRO medical at some point.

You could do with familiarising yourself with the 'Coronavirus for HROs' thread which details the lies and incompetence of the DVLA. To the best of my knowledge, HRO medicals ARE taking place but the DVLA are still trying to swing the lead with people like us who coming to the end of our bans.

I get the impression the occupants inside the Ivory Towers of the Swansea HQ believe they are the only workers affected by Covid19 restrictions, so they want to spread the pain (or is it love?) and make everyone else suffer.

CJ

Neil

Don't be fobbed off by the DVLA - the medical situation has been on going since the lockdown started. My own ban comes to an end in December and I've posted my forms off waiting for a HRO medical at some point.

You could do with familiarising yourself with the 'Coronavirus for HROs' thread which details the lies and incompetence of the DVLA. To the best of my knowledge, HRO medicals ARE taking place but the DVLA are still trying to swing the lead with people like us who coming to the end of our bans.

I get the impression the occupants inside the Ivory Towers of the Swansea HQ believe they are the only workers affected by Covid19 restrictions, so they want to spread the pain (or is it love?) and make everyone else suffer.

CJ
I do have a m number is it possible to find a DVLA approved myself?

Reactions: TPR
Neil

CJ

I’m a HRO and I had my medical today.

Posted my experience in the medical experience thread.

I had my medical yesterday. Had my last drink 15 weeks ago & had a medichecks private CDT test beginning of august where my reading was 0.8.

I’d push DVLA re medical to be fair. I got my letter re medical details beginning of september. The practice they told me to book with only do DVLA appts on a Monday and Friday.

I had my medical yesterday. Had my last drink 15 weeks ago & had a medichecks private CDT test beginning of august where my reading was 0.8.

I’d push DVLA re medical to be fair. I got my letter re medical details beginning of september. The practice they told me to book with only do DVLA appts on a Monday and Friday.
[/

Last edited:
Thanks again
I've had a dvla hro medical before, alcohol issues now addressed (It can be done to anyone struggling, but not on this forum) at a closer practice, who when I last rang them said they were,although this could be 3 months ago,so is this list the only options,or could there be other franchised doctors working from other surgeries?

I've had a dvla hro medical before, alcohol issues now addressed (It can be done to anyone struggling, but not on this forum) at a closer practice, who when I last rang them said they were,although this could be 3 months ago,so is this list the only options,or could there be other franchised doctors working from other surgeries?
This is not the definitive list of DVLA approved doctors for HRO medicals, - that does nor seem to appear anywhere online. it is actually a list of doctors who are approved for maritime medicals and by co-incidence many of them are also approved for DVLA HRO purposes.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off