Hro medical (your experiences)

Convicted Driver Insurance
I had my medical on Friday, was in there less than 5 minutes. Asked me one question and done a blood test that was it. Didn’t ask for my gp details, no physical examination, didn’t even take my blood pressure.

I had my medical today , blood test , questionnaire, also asked about tattoos and piercings where are they and how long ago I got them which was strange

I had my medical today , blood test , questionnaire, also asked about tattoos and piercings where are they and how long ago I got them which was strange
That is related to the likelihood of hepatitis.

don't ask me how this relates to the licence renewal, I just know that is why they ask!

Hi any help would be appreciated dvla have my blood and urine results i was told it was with the manager on thursday and today is with the doctor is this a good sign as i am beside my self with worry i have waited 8 months for this whole process ?? Thanks .

Hi any help would be appreciated dvla have my blood and urine results i was told it was with the manager on thursday and today is with the doctor is this a good sign as i am beside my self with worry i have waited 8 months for this whole process ?? Thanks .
Hi, this is a standard DVLA delay. The DVLA Doctor will now review the results which may take a few days, they will then do 1 of three things;
1)Issue your licence in the next few days
2)Write to your GP for further details or
3)Decline your licence and write to you.

Keep checking the online licence website to see if it has been issued, check 2 or 3 times a day. Once the site says your licence is issued, it takes around 4 days for them to post the licence card to you. Should they have to write to your GP, generally this can take up to 6 weeks - depending on how quickly your GP responds.

I know it is frustrating but it really is just a wait now.... If you have not been issued or heard anything by Tuesday, I would call again to get an update.

Good Luck!

Hi, this is a standard DVLA delay. The DVLA Doctor will now review the results which may take a few days, they will then do 1 of three things;

Keep checking the online licence website to see if it has been issued, check 2 or 3 times a day. Once the site says your licence is issued, it takes around 4 days for them to post the licence card to you. Should they have to write to your GP, generally this can take up to 6 weeks - depending on how quickly your GP responds.

I know it is frustrating but it really is just a wait now.... If you have not been issued or heard anything by Tuesday, I would call again to get an update.

Good Luck!
Ok bigtom thanks for the reply i have been checking online just going to relax a bit now and let it take its course cheers 🖒

Can I ask why they requested urine tests?Did you disclose drugs on your application?
Although it may just be a diabetic check?

Good Luck!
They have now said they are writting to my gp this is stressfull , they have already had 2 reports off my doc i just dont understand why this is being dragged out so long i have been waiting 9 months nearly any advice would be appreciated pal.

They have now said they are writting to my gp this is stressfull , they have already had 2 reports off my doc i just dont understand why this is being dragged out so long i have been waiting 9 months nearly any advice would be appreciated pal.
Unfortunately it seems very random why DVLA are writing to GP's at the moment, you can't put your finger on what has triggered this (if anything!) but don't stress. I know it is frustrating, but you will just have to see it out - you have done this long, another couple of weeks is all it should be!

I would suggest getting a GP appointment or phone call ASAP and explain that you just wanted to ensure that the GP has up to date information to be able to supply DVLA with correct information so they don't put down anything misleading or potentially harmful to your application. The questionnaire they send the GP is attached so you can see what they are asking. When you speak to the GP, ask if they can get the forms filled out and returned to DVLA urgently, I think they can email it through but have no idea what the email address is (I just know that they will only accept the email from a nhs.uk email address) DVLA pay the GP for the form so it is in their interest to get it filled in ASAP also.

Once the GP DD2 form is back with DVLA, again they will take a few days to review and not give you any info over the phone. Hopefully when they have this back they will issue your licence in a few days.

Attachments

• dd2 form.pdf
    503.9 KB · Views: 46
Unfortunately it seems very random why DVLA are writing to GP's at the moment, you can't put your finger on what has triggered this (if anything!) but don't stress. I know it is frustrating, but you will just have to see it out - you have done this long, another couple of weeks is all it should be!

I would suggest getting a GP appointment or phone call ASAP and explain that you just wanted to ensure that the GP has up to date information to be able to supply DVLA with correct information so they don't put down anything misleading or potentially harmful to your application. The questionnaire they send the GP is attached so you can see what they are asking. When you speak to the GP, ask if they can get the forms filled out and returned to DVLA urgently, I think they can email it through but have no idea what the email address is (I just know that they will only accept the email from a nhs.uk email address) DVLA pay the GP for the form so it is in their interest to get it filled in ASAP also.

Once the GP DD2 form is back with DVLA, again they will take a few days to review and not give you any info over the phone. Hopefully when they have this back they will issue your licence in a few days.
I have rung my docs to get the heads up as he already made a mistake first time dvla contacted him and said i was drink dependant , so he amended that and wrote to dvla to say he made a mistake . Dvla then sent him the form that looks like the link u put on here thats why i am just baffled as to why they want more info. Obviously my blood and urine must be ok if doctor contact is needed again i presume thanks for the reply .

Looking for some general advice of reassurance without judgement - please remember drinking isn’t illegal but drink driving is - I Just want some advice.

basically I’ve moved house and I didn’t go back to collect old post for a while and where I actually don’t drink everyday at all I go to the gym etc I have had two “ binging “ sessions of drinking in the last two weeks due to birthdays and celebrations. They were quite heavy drinking sessions.

My cdt test is in roughly 16 days OBVIOUSLY I won’t be drinking at all during this time but I’m seriously worried that my last two weekends of over indulging are going to affect the results , I have seen posts where people admit they had some binging sessions up to the test and passed.

i just hope 16 days will be enough, I have never been someone who drinks everyday and previous to my two weekends of drinking is I’d binge every other weekend.

i think I should be ok, I expect it will be a slightly higher reading but not reach the 2.1% if I abstain for the whole 16 days? What do people think? Am I being overly anxious and worried?????

Looking for some general advice of reassurance without judgement - please remember drinking isn’t illegal but drink driving is - I Just want some advice.

basically I’ve moved house and I didn’t go back to collect old post for a while and where I actually don’t drink everyday at all I go to the gym etc I have had two “ binging “ sessions of drinking in the last two weeks due to birthdays and celebrations. They were quite heavy drinking sessions.

My cdt test is in roughly 16 days OBVIOUSLY I won’t be drinking at all during this time but I’m seriously worried that my last two weekends of over indulging are going to affect the results , I have seen posts where people admit they had some binging sessions up to the test and passed.

i just hope 16 days will be enough, I have never been someone who drinks everyday and previous to my two weekends of drinking is I’d binge every other weekend.

i think I should be ok, I expect it will be a slightly higher reading but not reach the 2.1% if I abstain for the whole 16 days? What do people think? Am I being overly anxious and worried?????
If it was just a nite each time u may be ok but theres just to many varibles to consider ,tbh bingeing does increase cdt and it is 7 - 14 days half life stated on dvla medical results .Screenshot_20200914-173655.png

Hi all. I’m new to this forum as I was charged with DD two days ago and blew 89 so I’m classed as HRO. I go to my local with family a couple of times a week and have no other previous convictions whatsoever. I still have my licence until 4th December when I go to court for my sentencing. I have been looking at many posts on this forum, combined with Google to search for what DVLA medical forms are used to apply for the return of your licence. I understand there is DD2 which I am fine with, as I have no history of alcohol abuse. There is another form I saw on this forum (I can’t find it now) and the questions from the start make the assumption of alcohol dependence. Does HRO immediately class you as being dependent? I know this is really early days as I don’t even have a disqualification yet but since being charged I have done nothing but search this site and frightened myself to death!

I had my medical on Friday, was in there less than 5 minutes. Asked me one question and done a blood test that was it. Didn’t ask for my gp details, no physical examination, didn’t even take my blood pressure.
Update on my progress. I just came off the phone to the DVLA, the lady asked why I hadn’t provided gp details and I explained I wasn’t asked for them at my medical. She then told me to hold the line, came back and confirmed my bloods and everything is satisfactory and she will be issuing my license today so I can drive as soon as my ban is up on Sunday!! 🥳

Update on my progress. I just came off the phone to the DVLA, the lady asked why I hadn’t provided gp details and I explained I wasn’t asked for them at my medical. She then told me to hold the line, came back and confirmed my bloods and everything is satisfactory and she will be issuing my license today so I can drive as soon as my ban is up on Sunday!! 🥳
Jesus tell me where you went for your exam🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Hi all. I’m new to this forum as I was charged with DD two days ago and blew 89 so I’m classed as HRO. I go to my local with family a couple of times a week and have no other previous convictions whatsoever. I still have my licence until 4th December when I go to court for my sentencing. I have been looking at many posts on this forum, combined with Google to search for what DVLA medical forms are used to apply for the return of your licence. I understand there is DD2 which I am fine with, as I have no history of alcohol abuse. There is another form I saw on this forum (I can’t find it now) and the questions from the start make the assumption of alcohol dependence. Does HRO immediately class you as being dependent? I know this is really early days as I don’t even have a disqualification yet but since being charged I have done nothing but search this site and frightened myself to death!

Hi, you came to the right forum at the right time where you will get all the help and support you need whilst you are dealing with this predicament...HRO doesn't categorise you as dependent and you can only be classed as dependent or misuse by your GP if you previously have been to your GP due to alcohol related issues...

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off