can i get a quote for a car which i don't have at the moment?

Convicted Driver Insurance

joe pasha

Well Known Member
Hey guys,
just received my licence.
i also attended DD awareness course, my ban finished on Feb and because i was living abroad
i could not get my licence earlier, that is another story.

i hope this course i have attended is help me to reduce my car insurance, i know after drink driving conviction some not cover you and some do but charge you a lot!
what is your experience and kindly if you can give me some advice please.

can i get a quote to see how much my insurance will be with a 1.2 L car
By the way, i don't have car at the moment.

thanks

Just go on the comparison sites and put the car details of similar to what you think you will buy. It may be more simple to find a number plate of a similar car to put in, it doesn't matter that you don't own it (unless you went ahead with the insurance without changing the number). You will get an idea, and when you find a car, just try again (preferably with the correct number before you commit to buying it)

You will be surprised, there are a lot of insurers who will accept DD convictions, and the premiums are not that excessive - there are also some who will not touch you. Use all the different comparison sites to get an idea. 1st Central seem to come up with good quotes quite often!

Good luck

Just go on the comparison sites and put the car details of similar to what you think you will buy. It may be more simple to find a number plate of a similar car to put in, it doesn't matter that you don't own it (unless you went ahead with the insurance without changing the number). You will get an idea, and when you find a car, just try again (preferably with the correct number before you commit to buying it)

You will be surprised, there are a lot of insurers who will accept DD convictions, and the premiums are not that excessive - there are also some who will not touch you. Use all the different comparison sites to get an idea. 1st Central seem to come up with good quotes quite often!

Good luck
thanks big tom.

i think i was with 1 central either before my crash or when i was a learner.
you think to look in compartthemarket, gocompare and money supermarket is a good idea?

If you do not use a comparison website then you have to enter all your details for each insurance company that you want to get a quote for, which is a pain. With a comparison website you get just that, a comparison of hundreds of insurance company quotes, for just putting in your details once.
You have to be a bit careful though. Some of them give a quote but when you click to take up the quote there are ‘extras’ that are compulsory to add to the price so when you do look to be insured, check the final quote before you accept.

I found a list of who will not cover dd for car & house
But did phone to check re house
I have just got 2 cars I’m interested in & got the numbers so can start to get an idea
Also got a letter of my 9 years no claims that they honour for up to 2 years

If you do not use a comparison website then you have to enter all your details for each insurance company that you want to get a quote for, which is a pain. With a comparison website you get just that, a comparison of hundreds of insurance company quotes, for just putting in your details once.
You have to be a bit careful though. Some of them give a quote but when you click to take up the quote there are ‘extras’ that are compulsory to add to the price so when you do look to be insured, check the final quote before you accept.
i wasn't sure whether to use a comparison website or not. with the DD conviction i have.
so, now as you and other are suggesting i think i must do the comparison rather than putting my detaisl in each company.

i am on gocompare and there is a question. Method of test.
Blood, Breath or urine.
i don't remember what was mine. but luckily i still have a letter i was given that night in police station.
could someone help me please.
this is written in the letter after my test.
Blank Breath 0 21;39
Specimen2 87 21:40

Blank simulator 0 21:41
check 2 34 21:42
also there is i can see 100 milliliter of breath, and the rest not readable.

thanks guys

That is clearly a breath sample, you are quoting from a print out from the evidential breath test machine....

That is clearly a breath sample, you are quoting from a print out from the evidential breath test machine....
So, what will be my answer on comparison website?
I know I had only breath test in the police station.
Is there anyway to find out my how much alcohol I had on my breath?
I can only read a 100 in the letter and the rest are not readable as I said.
You think this could be the amount of alcohol I had in my breath?C2A0F5DF-BE5B-4EC1-A57D-197802684442.jpeg

Last edited:
There are some lines missing from your quote from the print out, is says specimen 2...87, what was specimen 1?
If you cannot remember, were you required to do a medical because if you did not, then your first specimen was 87 or less.
A reading of 88 or more makes you a high risk offender and you have to do a medical, under 88 and you do not have to do a medical....

Joe Pasha,
perhaps you should read your own posts....
in one of your earlier (many many) posts you reported:

Here is my test results:
Blank simulator check 1 36
Blank breath specimen1 92
Blank breath specimen2 87
Blank simulator check 2 34

Now you are asking how to work out what your reading was....?

and the 100 is just your result, which chows as “xx per 100 ml in your breath” so in your case 92mcg per 100ml in your breath

There are some lines missing from your quote from the print out, is says specimen 2...87, what was specimen 1?
If you cannot remember, were you required to do a medical because if you did not, then your first specimen was 87 or less.
A reading of 88 or more makes you a high risk offender and you have to do a medical, under 88 and you do not have to do a medical....
I should see the picture I took from the letter
And the specimen 1 still there and you can read that hardly.
Once I check I will write again
I hope I am not a HRO, the way you saying

Joe Pasha,
perhaps you should read your own posts....
in one of your earlier (many many) posts you reported:

Here is my test results:
Blank simulator check 1 36
Blank breath specimen1 92
Blank breath specimen2 87
Blank simulator check 2 34

Now you are asking how to work out what your reading was....?
You are right price, I just saw my own post
Tbh I still have see the picture which I have taken from the letter I was given then 100 percent sure.
Sorry for all confusion

Last edited:
I dont mind helping people on here Joe pasha but you have to help yourself.
I found your quote, now you want me to find it again yourself to save you the bother of looking....

if your earlier quote was right then you are a HRO and have to do a medical. If it was wrong, who knows what your status is?

I dont mind helping people on here Joe pasha but you have to help yourself.
I found your quote, now you want me to find it again yourself to save you the bother of looking....

if your earlier quote was right then you are a HRO and have to do a medical. If it was wrong, who knows what your status is?
Apologies for that price.
Earlier post, you mean the beginning or the one I posted yesterday?

So to clarify,with your lower reading being 87, you do not have to do a medical.

Last edited:
So to clarify,with your lower reading being 87, you do not have to do a medical.
Again apologies for my last post, because could not remember my reading at the beginning in my first post last year.
I’ll be home soon and I have to double check the picture I got from the letter I been given that night in police station.
Or in safe side, I may call to the lawyer which provided by the police that night and he can tell me Exact number.
Also, I notice not every comparison sites asking about my alcohol reading.
Has anyone ever come across this?

Last edited:
Again apologies for my last post, because could not remember my reading at the beginning in my first post last year.
I’ll be home soon and I have to double check the picture I got from the letter I been given that night in police station.
Or in safe side, I may call to the lawyer which provided by the police that night and he can tell me Exact number.
Also, I notice not every comparison sites asking about my alcohol reading.
Has anyone ever come across this?
Some comparison sites will just accept a Drink drive code rather than wanting the specifics. It may be however when you are directed to the actual insurers website, they might ask the details. Apart from your charge sheet, you should have had a letter from the court after your conviction. It will detail what you were charged with and usually has the details of the offence including reading if relevant.

Drink driving is a code DR10. Compatethemarket asks for your offence code and the length of your ban. (Which you can quote as being the reduced length after the Drink Drive Rehabilitation Course - if you did one)
When you put in the DR10 code, it then asks you what your reading was so you DO need to know your lower reading that you were prosecuted for.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off