Coronavirus for HROs

Convicted Driver Insurance
Interesting reading BigMatt. I am off for my medical soon and got concerned as I have been drinking Nosecco which is 0.5% volume. I am inclined to try and do a private test prior to my DVLA medical just to see what my CDT actually is. Looking online there is Nuffield and Medichecks but has anyone done these with good service provided? There is also Thriva and Vitall incidentally.
You're drinking alcohol and you know you gonna have a medical soon??🙄🙄🙄

Last edited:
Interesting reading BigMatt. I am off for my medical soon and got concerned as I have been drinking Nosecco which is 0.5% volume. I am inclined to try and do a private test prior to my DVLA medical just to see what my CDT actually is. Looking online there is Nuffield and Medichecks but has anyone done these with good service provided? There is also Thriva and Vitall incidentally.
Hi Bev, I have just ordered a kit from medicheck, I am going to get my blood tested before my medical so that I know I will pass

I wouldnt worry unless you have been classed as dependant by DVLA or unless you have informed your gp in the last 6 years of any alchohol related dependancy.

In response to the 'last drink question' on the questionaire - this ties into your blood result make sure you are honest with this one as there is a direct correlation. Its 50/50 if they contact your gp, however if you give them no alarming reason to do so they probably wont.
I have not been classed as dependent and lost my licence over 6 years ago only just felt the need to drive again. I have no history with my gp for alcohol issues.
I will be truthful I have not drank, so I have no reason to tell them nothing but the truth. I have my medical on the 13th aug. I was just wondering about the questionnaire

3 years. If you need to ask this question then I think you need to look at your drinking overall. Trying to cheat the system ends up with you cheating yourself

yes I asked a the question how long people had not drunk for. So quick to judge 🤷‍♀️I am not trying to beat no system mate. As this is a forum and for open chats and conversations
well done for 3years nit drinking lol you must be one of them people like the non smokers that was a passive smoker previously 😂

must say I’m with you on this one. I always question people asked how to cheat the system, you only end up cheating yourself. You shouldn’t be asking ‘how long must I stop drinking for before I have my medical’ we have a DVLA medical because we have had a problem with drinking (or drug) and driving

I'm an HRO yes, but a one off offence doesn't make me an heavy drinker.
I'm not getting into any arguments on here anyway, I know I'm not reliant on alcohol and that's what counts - we are all in the same boat on here and condescending, self righteous replies don't help anyone.
Don’t rise to it, no body’s perfect otherwise they wouldn’t be on here. Everyone on the site has made mistakes in the past and no one on here should be judging anybody. Maybe them non drinkers need to go on the t total sites now they are recovering alcoholics.
we have all made mistakes and everyone learns by them in ways they need to. Some people made suc big mistakes that they choose not to drink at all others drink in moderation! Everyone is different and adult enough to make their own decisions. Good luck everyone

3 years. If you need to ask this question then I think you need to look at your drinking overall. Trying to cheat the system ends up with you cheating yourself

must say I’m with you on this one. I always question people asked how to cheat the system, you only end up cheating yourself. You shouldn’t be asking ‘how long must I stop drinking for before I have my medical’ we have a DVLA medical because we have had a problem with drinking (or drug) and driving

Also should have mentioned I lost my licence 6 years ago and only just decided to re apply, never had alcohol issues nothing reported to my go. It was my choice not to apply sooner. So if I wanted or was trying to beat the system then I’m pretty sure I would of reapplied a lot sooner as could have reapplied over 4years a go. Again my choice. I am not a big drinker btw I had a catch up with friends over 3 weeks ago had a few FYI 😊

Hi Bev, I have just ordered a kit from medicheck, I am going to get my blood tested before my medical so that I know I will pass
HI Db9712. I have ordered a Medichecks test too. I am intrigued now to see the CDT level.

Took me a week and one day after the medical to receive my licence back meany emails and phone calls just keep on at them
I sent 3 complaints or 4
millions phonecalls but keep on at them Tim Burton and was getting responses with in 24 hours

Took me a week and one day after the medical to receive my licence back meany emails and phone calls just keep on at them
I sent 3 complaints or 4
millions phonecalls but keep on at them Tim Burton and was getting responses with in 24 hours
i had my medical Wednesday and had a call from DVLA this morning saying they are just waiting for results so fingers crossed maybe next week 🤞

Does anyone know how long HRO have to book their medical? I sent my D1 form in with a cheque approx 2 weeks ago, thinking that the process would be delayed. (by ban is due to end first week of October). However, I just looked at my bank and the cheque has been cashed.
Looking on this group it seems that the DVLA will next write to me inviting me to arrange a medical. Is there a time limit on this? Or can i chose the timeframe? I dont drink a great deal - but want to get the maximum amount of time Alcohol free before the Medical.

You have 6 weeks from the date on the letter that DVLA send to you to have the medical. I don’t know when it will arrive but in your shoes I would avoid alcohol from now to give you the best chance of getting a low CDT score.
You can have the odd drink here or there, but for some, one or two is not enough and they get carried away, hence the advise to have none

Reactions: TPR
You have 6 weeks from the date on the letter that DVLA send to you to have the medical. I don’t know when it will arrive but in your shoes I would avoid alcohol from now to give you the best chance of getting a low CDT score.
You can have the odd drink here or there, but for some, one or two is not enough and they get carried away, hence the advise to have none
Thank you, will follow your advice.

Can I ask - are the DVLA sending out letters to book medicals again?

I understand the DVLA have, up until recently, been refusing to process medicals for non key workers.

CJ

Can I ask - are the DVLA sending out letters to book medicals again?

I understand the DVLA have, up until recently, been refusing to process medicals for non key workers.

CJ
So I had my letter delivered but after I’d actually had medical. I managed to get my application put on priority list as I emailed, phoned and complained so much I think they realised I wasn’t gunna give in!

So I had my letter delivered but after I’d actually had medical. I managed to get my application put on priority list as I emailed, phoned and complained so much I think they realised I wasn’t gunna give in!

Mishka81

Are the DVLA still sending out the relevant paperwork 90 days before the end of the ban?

I got the impression they were not sending out any forms during the lockdown because they were not sanctioning the medicals if you didn't work for the NHS.

CJ

Mishka81

Are the DVLA still sending out the relevant paperwork 90 days before the end of the ban?

I got the impression they were not sending out any forms during the lockdown because they were not sanctioning the medicals if you didn't work for the NHS.

CJ
Morning,
Afraid I don’t know on that specific, I had my ban reduced by means of a section 42.

I have received no communication from the DVLA. I sent in the D1 off my own bat. I saw last week that the cheque had been presented to the bank.

I have received no communication from the DVLA. I sent in the D1 off my own bat. I saw last week that the cheque had been presented to the bank.

TPR

Am I right in thinking, you can only send the D1 when you reach the 90 day milestone? Presumably, did you have to work out the dates yourself if the DVLA didn't contact you.

Regards

CJ

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off