Coronavirus for HROs

Convicted Driver Insurance
I sent just one D1 form with postal order to the Lee Jones address on 3rd June. I recieved the letter in reply saying that they currently aren't arranging medicals on 20th June.
I work as a cook in a nursing home, so for purposes of school childcare etc am classed as a key worker, so have been working throughout the lockdown, and this seemed to satisfy the DVLA enough to give me the address to send my D1 form to

I sent just one D1 form with postal order to the Lee Jones address on 3rd June. I recieved the letter in reply saying that they currently aren't arranging medicals on 20th June.
I work as a cook in a nursing home, so for purposes of school childcare etc am classed as a key worker, so have been working throughout the lockdown, and this seemed to satisfy the DVLA enough to give me the address to send my D1 form to.
So your application was opened and looked at pretty handy and you received a reply within a couple of weeks

Just received phonecall from Aveley Medical Centre. They've received my paperwork from DVLA (they requested it yesterday!) and I've booked my medical for next Thursday.

Just received phonecall from Aveley Medical Centre. They've received my paperwork from DVLA (they requested it yesterday!) and I've booked my medical for next Thursday.
Great news.How the clinics request the paperwork from dvla? Is by post or phone/email?

I do love the DVLA’s response to having reduced workforce......reduced hours, yep that makes sense and will clear the backlog quickly lol
Does anyone know the best number and time to actually get through to DVLA?

Great news.How the clinics request the paperwork from dvla? Is by post or phone/email?

I would imagine it was by email. I literally made first contact with Aveley Centre yesterday afternoon about 4pm. Kim was very helpful, took my details and 'M' reference number. Never known DVLA to send anything out that's not 2nd class postage lol
I'm just amazed and relieved at the speed of this process, especially as I'd recieved the dreaded letter from DVLA saying that they weren't doing medicals at the moment.

I do love the DVLA’s response to having reduced workforce......reduced hours, yep that makes sense and will clear the backlog quickly lol
Does anyone know the best number and time to actually get through to DVLA?
08001230815. After 6pm ps I sent my paper application in to lee jones last week stating I was a key worker licence issued today after a dg10 conviction and no medical

How are you getting on? Have DVLA received results and have you had to chase them up?

had mine on Friday just gone, dr faxed questionnaire over and posted bloods that same day. He mentioned that the bloods only have a short shelf life so they have to go quick to be tested in time.

haven’t heard anything yet but been checking the status of my license online. Still showing as ‘disqualification ended 5th June, please reapply’

think the DVLA will prob write to my GP and have got alcohol issue on file. Nothing major but I did go and see them about three years ago to say I wanted to cut down. Bracing myself for a fight ahead.

When’s yours booked for?

Hi Tess, I’m booked Sat he said the bloods be analysed Monday, Good luck,being penalised for seeking help seems wrong, if they delve hopefully it goes for you... without this forum how would anyone know their process and be able to document abstinence! Didn’t teach that on the DD course !

It's so frustrating that there are so many grey areas on this front and that we aren't being treated with the respect we deserve regarding HRO medicals and licence returns.

I'm going to send the D1 form recorded post next week then give it a couple of weeks. I don't expect any response from DVLA as they seem to enjoy being in control and aren't offering any easy solutions to anyone in spite of the fact that we are surely well within our rights to expect our medicals to be granted (even if it means our own GP doing them) and our licences returned on due date, otherwise it will have a negative impact on our lives....we committed the crime and have paid for it both financially and in terms of not being allowed on the road - so when the disqualification period is up providing we can prove we aren't reliant on alcohol or other stimulants we should have our freedom to drive again returned without delay.

The courts who banned us should be intervening rather than allowing DVLA to play God. Surely it's just as illegal for them to deny us our rights (even in unprecedented times) just as it would be if we drove without being given the go ahead - we can't get away with breaking the law, so why should they expect to?
I'm probably going to end up asking my local MP for advice as I had to do with a DSS matter last year which achieved quick results.

Those of us on this forum in the same situation need to get together and insist they start making inroads on this matter or at least providing us all with more information and regular updates to give us some hope that there will be light at the end of the tunnel.

Red tape and bureaucracy is always a big problem in this country though unfortunately :rolleyes:

Good luck to everyone - maybe we should all start protests similar to BLM to see if we can make ourselves heard and earn our rights!

Thankyou for that you mirrored my thoughts.
My ban is up on 11th july and DVLA have ignored emails and fobbed me off in a letter to my first complaint a month ago by saying they will contact me when i am eligable to re-apply !well , they cant have even looked at my details since i became eligable to re-apply 3 months ago but was told as im not a key worker i cant apply by post or online.
I made a one off mistake after holding a squeaky clean licence and many years no claims etc and have paid dearly for my complete stupidity.However it was ruled in a court of law that my ban is up in two weeks.Therefore my ban is spent on that date.I dont think it is unreasonable to expect to be dealt with on time covid or not.There are plenty of companies /organisations /agencies that are and have been still running normaly through this situation so there is no excuse for DVLA to keep dragging this out as long as they fancy.I also notice from reading some posts on here that some people have in fact had their licences and medicals processed so why is DVLA giving people the impression that they are not.I also wonder why you now seem to be only able to apply by post to the tune of £65 .00 when applying online is free ?I wonder like you , if any of what they are doing is legal actually.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off