Coronavirus for HROs

Convicted Driver Insurance
I have already filled a D1 and they received it on the 1/4/20. And I got the generic letter to say all medicals are suspended until further notice. So do you recommend making a complaint or just wait it out?
I would complain, because medicals are clearly not suspended, I got one done on the 1st May 2020, they just seem like a law to themselves. I would arrange for a doctor that can do your medical while you are awaiting a reply from the complaint. I wrote to all doctors within 50 miles who do health and safety medicals, and I was lucky enough to find one that done dvla medicals.

I would complain, because medicals are clearly not suspended, I got one done on the 1st May 2020, they just seem like a law to themselves. I would arrange for a doctor that can do your medical while you are awaiting a reply from the complaint. I wrote to all doctors within 50 miles who do health and safety medicals, and I was lucky enough to find one that done dvla medicals.
I cannot find seem to find any in or near Leicester. If anyone can help with a link to find them it will be much appreciated.

I cannot find seem to find any in or near Leicester. If anyone can help with a link to find them it will be much appreciated.

IMacheridis27 Haddon Close, Syston, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE7 1HZLEICESTERLeicestershireILIASMACHERIDIS@YAHOO.COM07766445290
  • Asbestos
View
JPiperPrivate General Practice Services, 3 Knighton Grange Road, Stoneygate, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE2 2LFLEICESTERLeicestershireClairew@privategp.com01162 700373 or 07809777344
  • Asbestos
  • Lead
View
T MAbdel-Raheem Aly115 Kirkby Road Barwell Leicester LeicestershireLEICESTERLeicestershireinfo@prosperiteoccupationalhealth.co.uk07565863106
  • Asbestos
  • COSHH
  • Ionising radiation
View

I would start off with emailing these doctors. If you dont get any luck, then look through the other health and safety approved doctors, on

I’m hoping the medicals resume soon as my ban is up 26/6/20.
And I’m trying to find any DVLA doctors in Leicester. If anyone know of any please message and let me know.
thanks
Hi hsb123, the link I used to find the DVLA doctor I managed to book a medical with is here: https://assets.publishing.service.g...A_Approved_Doctors_in_UK_12_May_2020_v0.2.pdf I have been made aware by others on this forum that this is for boats but I got lucky and the doctor near me does do the DVLA medicals also. Worth a call through if you’re near any of the ones listed.

Thank you guys.
I have emailed 4 clinics. Fingers crossed ? hopefully I’ll get replies soon and will update the thread

How can you get in contact with Dvla it just will not allow me to call them?
just keep calling, you will get through, and once you get through it does not take long for them before they answer. I get the feeling that they have a system where they only hold about 2 calls waiting, after that they tell you they cant take your call. I found after 4pm was about the best time.

Thank you so much for this and congratulations on getting your license back Mike ???
can I ask, did you have any alcohol issues logged with your GP?
Also if anyone has any luck getting a medical with a northern based practice then please share!
I’ve emailed my ‘local’ ones just now so if I have any joy then I’ll share. Thanks

Thank you guys.
I have emailed 4 clinics. Fingers crossed ? hopefully I’ll get replies soon and will update the thread
Hi all
I contacted 4 of the listed approved doctors and none of them are doing the medicals. Also I contacted Nuffield health hospital on Leicester they do them. But currently have suspended this work to help the nhs which is understandable. It’s just a long waiting game. And the thought of getting my licence back on the 26/6/20 is out the window now

LLeightonAveley Medical Centre, 22 High Street, South Ockendon, Aveley, Essex, RM15 4ADAVELEYEssexluis.leighton@nhs.net01708 865128 or 07748984498
  • Asbestos
  • Lead

This is who I contacted to get my medical, these details are available on the health and safety executive website. When is your ban up.
What’s the betting that Dr Leighton gets a call from DVLA in the next day or so to say: “you are not authorised to be doing these medicals”. In other words: “Stop doing these medicals, we said they have stopped and you are making us look silly”.......

Hi all
I contacted 4 of the listed approved doctors and none of them are doing the medicals. Also I contacted Nuffield health hospital on Leicester they do them. But currently have suspended this work to help the nhs which is understandable. It’s just a long waiting game. And the thought of getting my licence back on the 26/6/20 is out the window now
you could travel to grays in essex or try doctors further afield

Thank you so much for this and congratulations on getting your license back Mike ???
can I ask, did you have any alcohol issues logged with your GP?
Also if anyone has any luck getting a medical with a northern based practice then please share!
I’ve emailed my ‘local’ ones just now so if I have any joy then I’ll share. Thanks
Hi Tess, no my medical went straight through, so they did not need to refer it to my gp. I believe that only happens if you hit amber on the CDT test.

Hi Tess, no my medical went straight through, so they did not need to refer it to my gp. I believe that only happens if you hit amber on the CDT test.

Hi Mikec, can I ask when did you have your Medical? and what answers did you give on the DR1 form IE how often do you drink? how many units, last drink etc etc?
Congratulations on getting your licence back

Hi all.
just updating you guys and asking for your support and knowledge of what I can do next. I found a private clinic doing medicals called
http://www.gettingamedical.co.uk/
And they have a centre in Nottingham that will do the medical. They asked me to ask the DVLA to send them the paperwork and to myself for the medical.
but as we are aware DVLA are adamant they are not doing medicals for hro’s.
some of you have managed to get around this. What do you advise that I need to do with DVLA to get my medical done ASAP?

Have you checked that they are dvla registered for HRO medicals? They list To book for HGV, PCV, Taxi And MSA but they have to be on the DVLA list of being approved to do HRO medicals for you to get one with them. Hopefully they are, but I don’t want you to pay for something that will not be accepted.

Have you checked that they are dvla registered for HRO medicals? They list To book for HGV, PCV, Taxi And MSA but they have to be on the DVLA list of being approved to do HRO medicals for you to get one with them. Hopefully they are, but I don’t want you to pay for something that will not be accepted.
In my original email I said

I’m emailing to see if your company does the DVLA medical following a drink drive ban which involves a blood test for cdt levels

And then they replied with

Thank you for your email.

Yes we provide clinics for DVLA medicals in many locations. Do you already have the referral letter from DVLA? If yes could you please send me your Reference Number to check it in our system.
If you do not have then you need to call DVLA and ask for a letter and simultaneously DVLA needs to send to our doctor the corresponding questionnaire for your exams.
Therefore if you have the referral letter handy please send us your Ref. Number and the location you are.

so I’m hoping they are approved for medicals. Should I ask them just to be sure?

That was a clear question but a slightly ambiguous answer. It is clear from their website that they do DVLA medicals for some procedures, you do to get a referral letter for a HRO medical, but normally they send paperwork To the doctor. As you have found a doctor who appears to be able to do your HRO medical you will have to ask DVLA to send the relevant paperwork and medical form to the doctor. There is no chance your reference number will appear on their system as they suggest.
If they are not approved for HRO medicals then DVLA will not send them any paperwork anyway, but perhaps before you hassle them for the forms it might be as well to fire an email back to the company to make certain, then get on to DVLA.
It could be frustrating trying to get through to DVLA and you need to be sure it is worth your time an trouble doing that.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off