CDT measures accepted by DVLA

Convicted Driver Insurance
Well said Honestman) although not quite moderation won't disclose, but however am almost 100% certain this poster will sail through
Did I mention it’s a bottle of gin or brandy every Friday or Saturday? With my friends obviously

That doesn’t happen. DVLA cannot put markers for ANPR for people on short licences and anyway you could be driving a company car, leased car or a friends/relatives car so no link to you......

That is not about people on short licences. You could be put on a short licence after having your licence removed for medical reasons such as epilepsy or diabetes as well as alcohol related issues. The police would never be aware of this to put the vehicle on ANPR.
I have run courses for over 3000 drink drivers in the past 15 years and the vast majority of them have sold their car since being convicted, or did not own it in the first place (family car, company car etc) when you look at the figures in that report, allowing for the 600 in Cheshire it indicates, there are 1300 convicted drink drivers where their vehicle details are entered on to the ANPR system.
Given that 63,000 people a year are convicted of drink driving then only a very small number of them have been marked as being of interest which suggests that there will be other intelligence that suggests that they may well be driving whilst disqualified. It is not a routine thing for the vast majority of drink drivers.

That is not about people on short licences. You could be put on a short licence after having your licence removed for medical reasons such as epilepsy or diabetes as well as alcohol related issues. The police would never be aware of this to put the vehicle on ANPR.
I have run courses for over 3000 drink drivers in the past 15 years and the vast majority of them have sold their car since being convicted, or did not own it in the first place (family car, company car etc) when you look at the figures in that report, allowing for the 600 in Cheshire it indicates, there are 1300 convicted drink drivers where their vehicle details are entered on to the ANPR system.
Given that 63,000 people a year are convicted of drink driving then only a very small number of them have been marked as being of interest which suggests that there will be other intelligence that suggests that they may well be driving whilst disqualified. It is not a routine thing for the vast majority of drink drivers.

Agreed I'm just saying they do place markers on them

Hi.
for the past 5 weeks i have probably been consuming around maybe 20 units on Saturday nights only.
the last time i had a drink though was the 14th oct. maybe 2 units.
on peoples past experiences, what does anyone think my CDT level would be.
thanks

Once a week is not really a problem as i have been reading up on this a lot recently as had my medical this week.I am in the same position so am a little worried on my results.

Hi DDD1989
Consuming 6 units above the government recommendations will not increase CDT levels high enough to cause any alarm

Once a week is not really a problem as i have been reading up on this a lot recently as had my medical this week.I am in the same position so am a little worried on my results.

i havent actually booked my test yet, my solicitor want me to do one to try get me licence back after being revoked for admitting i drank around 8 units a week.
i was dependant before 2017, then stayed abstinent up until june 2019.
would be interesting to see how your results come back as.

Hi ddd how many units were you drinking a week surely not 8, and if you were abstaining for that length of time how come you still haven't had your license back?

Abstinence requires a full GP report and usually backed with liver tests by local GP ,
Is this the case with your record or are the dvla still waiting for GP approval

Hi ddd how many units were you drinking a week surely not 8, and if you were abstaining for that length of time how come you still haven't had your license back?

in all honesty, i was probably drinking around 8 units over the weekend, from around june time till 14th of this mont.
and nothing in the week.
i was given my licence back for 12 months, so would have been valid up to 14th december. but they sent out another medical form. and i openly admitted that i drank over the weekend.
DVLA got back to me within a week, and said YOU MUST NOT DRIVE. as you do not meet the medical standard.

Omg that's so terrible so have they asked you to abstain for another year dd1989 ?

yeh which is ridiculous, i cannot afford not to drive as i have to travel 50miles a day to get to work and back.
so yeh in that letter they said that i have to abstain for another 12 months.
so i am appealing against DVLA. i have a solicitor, but they still want me to do a CDT test which is fine. just not sure what the result would be. i havent had a drink since the 14th.

I think if you were only drinking 8 units a week and you haven't drank since the 14 your CDT levels should be fine, what has your solicitor said, and good on you mate these b.... yards need shaking up...

In cases where the DVLA have deemed a driver to be alcohol dependant, if they ever declare that they've consumed alcohol again they will be revoked for 1 year.

It doesn't matter if this is the year after your ban or 10 years after your ban, once you are on their system as dependant the only acceptable level or alcohol for them is 0. If you're abstaining from alcohol and have a slip it is always better to deal with this privately through a service like AA as if you go through your GP it's on your record for the DVLA to see come renewal time.

How long does it take for the results of a medical and are you informed by letter ?? Had my test a week ago,Nothing on the letter telling you about results that i could see.

How long does it take for the results of a medical and are you informed by letter ?? Had my test a week ago,Nothing on the letter telling you about results that i could see.

You don't get results as standard, you only get told if you have passed or failed. If you want the results you have to put a request in to the medical section of the DVLA. It took exactly 7 weeks between the date I had my medical and the date my licence was issued.

You don't get results as standard, you only get told if you have passed or failed. If you want the results you have to put a request in to the medical section of the DVLA. It took exactly 7 weeks between the date I had my medical and the date my licence was issued.
By post/text/email as not sure how they inform me

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off