What happens in amber 2.2% to 2.9%

Convicted Driver Insurance

Paddzlife15

Hi not much info on this online, does any body know what happens if your CDT levels fall between the AMBER levels.

i understand DVLA will write to the doctor but if you have never needed nor been to the doctors for alcohol,

do you still receive your licence? Maybe a temporary one,

or do you still get refused for licence.

thanks in advance

If the Amber result is all there is they you are likely to get a licence. The problem could be if you state you haven't drunk alcohol for 3 months.... with a result of 2.2 - 2.9 you are either lying or you are coming down from an extremely high CDT reading!
Worse case would be a 12 month licence and then a retest.

If the Amber result is all there is they you are likely to get a licence. The problem could be if you state you haven't drunk alcohol for 3 months.... with a result of 2.2 - 2.9 you are either lying or you are coming down from an extremely high CDT reading!
Worse case would be a 12 month licence and then a retest.
I'll be honest with them I am not a heavy drinker asin I don't drink every day I drink atleast once a month but I believe they would class it as a binge drink. I drunk around 15 units on Saturday night at a party and have my medical on the 10th next month I don't think it will come over 3% as that's just alcoholics isn't it? Thanks for commenting appreciate it

Over 3.0 is a sign of a heavy drinker, but not all heavy drinkers are alcoholics.

Over 3.0 is a sign of a heavy drinker, but not all heavy drinkers are alcoholics.
Yes true surely it would take more than a binge to cause a result this high ? Read about half life so if my CDT is 3% now it should be around 1.5% on day of test which is 22 days away.. are u having to take a medical

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off