New forum software feedback

Convicted Driver Insurance

Forum Moderator

Staff member
The drinkdriving.org forum is now using new forum software.

We hope you like the new look, layout and functionality and find it easy to use.

Please reply to this thread with any feedback you may have regarding the software, good or bad, we are keen to hear your opinions.

If you run into any difficulty or errors while using the software please let us know by replying to this thread or creating a thread in this section.

All feedback welcomed and appreciated.

It looks nice and crisp, but all my messages have gone? Will they ever come back?

It looks nice and crisp, but all my messages have gone? Will they ever come back?
PM’s were not imported during the switch over. There was a lot of technical issues and the forum was offline most of the day yesterday.

We still have access to the old data if you would like me to see if it is possible to import the pm’s now the switch over is complete.

Have you got rid of the “Drink Driving News” section? Used to be able to catch up with all of the UK’s latest?

I'm glad you haven't got rid of the redneck insurance girl pointing to her car key, that was my favourite bit.

"
Alerts
  1. You have been awarded a trophy: Keeps coming back
    Today at 6:40 PM
  2. You have been awarded a trophy: First message
    Today at 6:40 PM
"

Can you turn off those? They are disconcerting. It's not a trophy unless you have to swim ten metres to get it.

Looks good. but not very easy top navigate. earlier we used to have links on the left to new posts ... now not able to find new ones easily.

Looks good. but not very easy top navigate. earlier we used to have links on the left to new posts ... now not able to find new ones easily.

The links to new posts that were on the left are now on the right instead.

There is also a 'what's new' button on the top that will show all recent activity when clicked.

Could you elaborate on why you don't find the top very easy to navigate?

What is new is that when a question is asked of the solicitor, other members are able to reply in that thread, is that intentional?

I always visit the site on my mobile but on initial inspection, it seems a lot more fluid than the old style - what would be nice is a way of seeing how many views a given thread has, you can see it on the desktop site but not on mobile

It took me while to get used to the 'new site' - I am old and don't really like change! - but I wanted to say that I now really like the changes.
It's easy to read, navigate etc. I haven't come across any issues
Thank you for a great job :)

I have just posted a reply and then went to edit it, but I cannot see the edit button. It used to be the option to edit a reply for 10 minutes after submitting a post. Has this gone? Also does a message auto save if you take a while compiling the reply? I sometimes do quite long replies and don’t want to find out the hard way that messages do not auto Save!

I have just posted a reply and then went to edit it, but I cannot see the edit button. It used to be the option to edit a reply for 10 minutes after submitting a post. Has this gone? Also does a message auto save if you take a while compiling the reply? I sometimes do quite long replies and don’t want to find out the hard way that messages do not auto Save!

You can edit posts for one hour after you have created them. You should now be able to see the edit button.

Messages being composed should be saved to the database as drafts every 60 seconds as you are typing the message. Draft messages saved this way are stored for 24 hours.

We used to be able to click on a members name and view previous posts that they had made. This is not possible after the update. Was it a deliberate choice to do this?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off